Sonia Rajesh comes with ~10 years of rich experience in the field of law with an interesting mix of Corporate, Commercial and Litigation practice.
Sonia is an enterprising dynamic young women lawyer assisting clients overcome their hurdles / legal challenges through advisory, counselling and represent them before various forums including the High Court of Karnataka and other lower Courts.
As an independent legal counsel Sonia primarily focuses on Financial Crimes and Family matters which include Criminal defense, Pre and Post marital disharmony, Domestic violence, Men Rights, Women Rights, Sexual harassment to count a few, she is also on the board of four corporates houses in Bangalore as an External ICC Member for cases related to Prevention of Sexual Harassment at workplace.
As a secondary area of interest, Sonia assists corporate clients resolve business challenges through alternative dispute resolution and arbitration. She engages as a consultant and advices in matters related to Contract Laws, MSAs, Industrial relationships, Union issues and Labour laws.
Sonia also participates in mediation and dispute resolution over property related matters including various elements of documentation not limited to Will, Power of Attorney, Gift Deed, Partition Deed, Sale Deed and other inheritance related challenges.
Few of her marquee accomplishments include
- Winning Child Custody case for her client in 2011 at High court of Karnataka
- Advised a Brick & Mortar firm over labour disputes, amicably settled the matter out of court
- Recovery of money from a land developer thru counselling in the year 2014
- Assisting her client overcome false allegation levied by his wife in domestic violence and dowry harassment 498A case in 2016
- Engaged in negotiation representing a start-up and resolved account payable challenges through out of court mediation
- Fetched an Antecipatory bail in Non-Bailable offence for an NRI in very less time, followed with quashing the FIR filed against him and his family
Sonia strongly believes in Counselling and out of court settlements to expeditious the matters as her first step and only in case of awful situations suggests taking matters to the courts for a legal battle.
Sonia is an avid blogger and contributes her time in social activities volunteering for causes like child safety and human rights.