C2RM… To Know More
Something Awesome Is In The Work
Prime Minister on Tuesday, in his address to the nation on its 71st Independence Day at Red Fort, began with expressing his gratitude towards the security forces for protecting the borders. He also condoled the death of more than 70 children in a Gorakhpur hospital in Uttar Pradesh, saying India stands with the bereaved families. In the almost hour-long address, he underlined a vision for a ‘New India’ and resolution of the Kashmir problem with sensitivity. He also dwelt on the triple talaq issue, Goods and Services Tax, black money among others while exhorting people to overcome the ‘chalta hai’ attitude. This was the PM’s fourth address to the country since he took office in 2014.
Here are some top quotes from PM Modi’s address to the nation:
* “We remember the great women and men who worked hard for India’s freedom,” the Prime Minister said.
*“There is no one big or small… everybody is equal. Together we can bring a positive change in the nation.”
* “People of India stand shoulder to shoulder with those affected due to natural disasters & the tragedy in Gorakhpur.”
* “This is a special year- 75th anniversary of Quit India, 100th anniversary of Champaran Satyagraha, 125th anniversary of Ganesh Utsav.”
*” We have to take the country ahead with the determination of creating a ‘New India'”
We have to leave this ‘Chalta Hai‘ attitude. We have to think of ‘Badal Sakta Hai‘ (there can be a change)- this attitude will help us as a nation.
*”Those who have looted the nation and looted the poor are not able to sleep peacefully today.”
* “India’s stature in the world is rising. The world is with us in fighting the menace of terror. I thank all nations helping us doing so.”
We have to work for the progress of Jammu and Kashmir. Na goli se na gaali se, Kashmir ki samasya suljhegi gale lagane se. (Kashmir’s problems can be solved only with embracing the people of Kashmir, not with bullets or abuses)
* “Kaale dhan aur bhrashtachar k khilaf hamari ladai jari rahegi…hum technology ke sath paardarshita laane ki disha me kaam kar rahe hain. (The fight against black money and corruption will go on…we are working towards use of technology to bring tranparency)”
* “There is no question of being soft on terrorism or terrorists.”
* “‘New India’ ka loktantra aisa hoga jisme tantra se lok nahi, lok se tantra chalega. ‘New India’ lok tantra ki sabse badi taakat …. loktantra sirf matt patra tak seemit nahi. (Democracy in ‘New India’ that we envisage will be such that the governance will go along with the people of the nation. New India’ is the greatest strength of the of the democracy and it is not just limited to the ballot papers.”
* “We are nurturing our youngsters to be job creators and not job seekers.”
* “I want to mention those women who have to suffer due to ‘Triple Talaq’- I admire their courage. We are with them in their struggles.”
India is about Shanti, Ekta and Sadbhavana (peace, unity and goodwill) Casteism and communalism will not help us.
* “Violence in the name of ‘Astha’ is not something to be happy about, it will not be accepted in India.”
* “Tab Bhaarat chhodo ka naara tha….aaj Bhaarat jodo ka naara hai. (Back in the days of freedom struggle the slogan was ‘Quit India’ or ‘Bhaarat chhodo’, now the motto has to be ‘Bhaarat jodo’ or unify the nation).”
* “We are taking the nation on a new track (of development) and are moving ahead with speed. We are devoting significant attention to eastern India- Bihar, Assam, West Bengal, Odisha, Northeast. These parts have to grow further.”
* “We are fighting corruption – for the bright future of India and the wellbeing of our people.”
* “Desh mein ab loot nahi chalegi, jawab dena padega….bhrashtachar aur kaale dhan ke khilaf hamari ladai abhi aage aur badhegi (Looting the country will be not be allowed to go on, we have to retaliate…..the struggle against corruption and black money will become more intense now).”
* “Vishwa ka sabse bada yuva varg hamare desh mein hai…aaj IT ka zamaana hai aur aayiye hum digital len den ki disha mein aage badhein (We have the largest section of youth population in the world today….and in this age of IT, let us move forward in the direction of digital transactions).”
* “Shashtron mein kaha gya hai- Aniyat kalah pravrittyo viplavante. Sahi samay par agar koi karya poora nahi kiya toh mann chahe natije nahi milte (It is said in the scriptures that if you do not take action at the right time, you will not yield the expected results).”
* “Isliye team India ke liye ‘New India’ ka sahi samay yahi hai (Therefore this is the right time for team India to begin transforming into ‘New India’).”
* “Hum sab milkar ek aisa Bhaarat banayenge, jahan gareeb ke paas pakka ghar hoga, bijli hogi, pani hoga….jahan desh ka kisan chinta se nahi, chain se soyega, aaj wo jitna kamaa raha hai, usse doguna kamayega….jahan yuvaon aur mahilaon ko unke sapne poore karne ke liye bharpoor avsar milenge… jahaan bhrashtachar aur bhai-bhatijawad se koi samjhauta nahi hoga… jo aatankwad, sampradayawad aur jatiwad se mukt hoga… jo swachh hoga, swasthya hoga aur swaraj ke sapne ko pura karega… (We will come together to form a nation where the poor will have concrete houses, access to electricity and water…. where the farmer will sleep in peace and earn twice what he earns today… where the youth and the women will get enough opportunities to fulfill their dreams… where we will not have to compromise with corruption and nepotism…. which will be free from terrorism, communalism and casteism… which we will be clean, healthy and will achieve the dream of Swaraj or self rule).”
Source: IndianexpressTagged: Narendra Modi Independence Day