C2RM… To Know More
Something Awesome Is In The Work
Job Description : Legal Associate – Litigation
We are looking to add a Junior legal associate to manage the increasing inquiries from the clients, you will join us to uphold the rights of the client and provide them with best suitable legal assistance and an excellent customer experience. Our primary work revolves around matters related to Family Law, Child Custody, Cheque Bounce, Money, Recovery Suits, Bails / Anticipatory Bails and Writs in the high courts. We work with our partners in the area of criminal defence and other criminal trails.
- The Associate who joins the team is expected to assist the Sr. Associates during litigation process.
- The Associate is expected to enhance the effectiveness by ensuring correct documentation, case file maintenance, developing case information, evidence, settlement options; tracking cases and supporting during proceedings
- The Associate is expected to research cases by interviewing witnesses, reading depositions, work towards objections, build cross examination strategy, review evidence and work with the Sr. Advocate to develop a strategy
- The Associate is expected to attend all pretrial hearings on behalf of clients and advise clients on the outcomes and dates.
- Represent clients in Family, Criminal and Civil litigation and other legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, or manage or advise clients on legal transactions. May specialize in a single area or may practice broadly in many areas of law.
- Accompany clients or independently handle police station visits and work closely with
the team to protect client rights.
- At least two years of experience in Family Law, Bail / Anticipatory Bail Cases, exposure to Cheque Bounce and Money recovery cases.
- Ability to successfully facilitate key stages of the cases and either independently or with the support of Sr. Advocates during Evidence, Examination, Cross, Arguments
- Ability to perform clerical tasks including but not limited to draft legal correspondence, petitions, application, affidavits and key legal documents.
Key Soft Skills
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively. Good command on English and Kannada comprehension. Ability to Converse in English, Kannada and Hindi. Additional South Indian language will be an advantage.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
documents (Kannada and English).
Case Laws Research and Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Salary will be commensurate to your knowledge/skills/experience.
|Nature Of Job:||Attending court hearings (and doing the preparation beforehand)|
|No. Of Vacancies:||2|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
'“Sonia and Partners” is a strong team of experienced legal practitioners based out of Bangalore protecting client interests in the area of Criminal Defense and Family Law including Divorce and Child Custody. The team led by Sonia is devoted to safeguard your legal rights. You can expect confidentiality, dedication, integrity, sincerity and highest degree of professionalism in every team member you will work with. We respect your orientation, diversity and believe in your words, our only motto is to stand with you in your difficult times and support you overcome your legal matters, we believe in being your voice and uphold your rights, we will not settle for anything less than the best resolution for you.'
Our Core Values
- Client Satisfaction and Experience is of utmost importance. We strive to ensure the legal rights our clients are protected.
- We promise 100% client confidentiality, and do not discuss or disclose any personal or case related information to any person beyond the ones required to know the information.
- We have unflinching commitment towards the deadlines promised to our clients and focus to ensure all deadlines are met. We honour our words and safeguard the reputation exhibiting highest ethical standards.
- We proactively communicate with our clients and keep them appraised of their case status and prepare them well in advance to face the proceedings.
- We honour the dignity of our clients and are not judgemental or biased about their personal life. Our only focus is to protect their legal rights and expedite the proceedings in all possible way to successfully bring the matter to closure.