Lawstreet Journal

High-Intensity Explosion Leaves Trail of Destruction in Bhubaneswar

Lawstreet Journal 9 Oct 2020 6:32pm

Image courtesy: Lawstreet Journal Executive High-Intensity Explosion Leaves Trail of Destruction in Bhubaneswar

The explosion at a petrol pump near Raj Bhavan square in the capital city of Odisha on Wednesday (7 October 2020) afternoon not only injured many but also left a trail of destruction in the vicinity as far as a few hundreds of feet away.

As per official sources, as many as 9 persons suffered injuries at the explosion site. All of them were rushed to Capital Hospital while two of them were shifted to Cuttack SCB Hospital due to their critical condition.

Bibhuti Nayak of Cuttack SCB Plastic Surgery department said, “While one has sustained 60% burns, the other has suffered 40%. Both have sustained grievous head injuries and experts from multiple departments are engaged in their treatment.”

Local residents narrated their horrific experience of how a deafening sound followed by a fire-spitting high into the sky from the filling station damaged several houses, vehicles and also injured many. 

As per eyewitnesses account, the blast left a gory scene with mutilated body parts including limbs, hand, ear, and fingers found strewn around the spot following the blast. The blast was so severe that a mechanical electric motor used in the petrol pump and weighing around 20 kgs was found lying a few hundred feet away from the site of the blast.

Special secretary of the Home Department, Santosh Bala’s residence was one of the buildings which suffered extensive damage in the incident.

Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has ordered a probe into the fire mishap triggered by an explosion at a filling station near Raj… Continue Reading...

Tagged: Bhubaneswar Destruction  
Disclaimer: SoOLEGAL in Media collaboration with Lawstreet Journal. SoOLEGAL take no responsbility for the content provided by Lawstreet Journal. For any discrepancies Contact Lawstreet Journal.
Did you find this write up useful? YES 0 NO 0
New Members view all


C2RMTo Know More

Something Awesome Is In The Work









Sign-up and we will notify you of our launch.
We’ll also give some discount for your effort :)

* We won’t use your email for spam, just to notify you of our launch.

SAARTHTo Know More

Launching Soon : SAARTH, your complete client, case, practise & document management SAAS application with direct client chat feature.

If you want to know more give us a Call at :+91 98109 29455 or Mail